1.10.13

The art of Cakery

Once in a while i am going to sway from the usual stuff you are used to reading here, now is one of such times. One of my favorite channels on DSTV is  the Food network channel, i enjoy watching Cake boss, Amazing wedding cakes, Charly's cake angels... i am so thrilled at the creativity of those bakers. Gone are the days of plain boring round or square cakes; and the way they get their inspiration is a different ball game. They use cakes to depict one's personality and tell a story.

That really got me thinking about passion and dedication. Passion is the bedrock of every successful person and when backed with dedication; success is inevitable. We all need to find what we are passionate about. I know that the society we live in now does not really encourage you to do that  because you are even considered to be 'lucky' to get a job not to talk about leaving it to follow your dream of being a baker or tailor or even a hair dresser.


One thing I know about passion for sure is that it cannot easily be silenced. There may be discouragements,fear, lack of support from friends/family or even delay but all of those are too small to kill that 'mustard seed' passion inside of you. To me, there is nothing as fulfilling as doing what you love to do and getting money off it...it is a blessing.

I cannot end this without giving an example of myself. I have always known that i am a smooth talker, for that reason i wanted to study law but then it did not work out as planned. Along the line i found out i could channel my words and thoughts into writing and so i just wrote lots of stuff and dumped the books. That still did not give me the fulfillment i sought so i took to social media. I would always make people laugh with my PM (personal message)so I knew that i needed a larger audience. The day i made up my mind to create this blog was the day i knew that when preparedness meets opportunity there is bound to be success. I really do hope that at least one person who reads this and sees these cakes will be able to find out what he/she is passionate about and make it worthwhile








No comments:

Post a Comment