30.10.13

Pick up lines: Funny vs. Dumb

One of the things I enjoy most about being a female is listening to various pick up lines that guys use. It is not new to anyone by now that women are tripped by what they hear but some pick up lines end up becoming “drop offs” aka game spoilers. It is unbelievable to think that once upon a time people used to write letters in this manner: “It is with deep love in my heart that I pick up this golden pen from my basket of roses to pour out my love for you” others would even say “As I was sleeping a bird sang with a golden voice that reminded me of you and your angelic voice so I decided to write you this letter” (OK so I made up this second one lol) maybe the literature books we studied then influenced us but this is way beyond Shakespeare, it would rather pass for dumbspeare. Imagine a guy walking up to a Politician’s daughter to say “Is your father a thief?” He’s innocent pick up line will land him a dirty slap before he gets the chance to add “because he stole the stars and put them in your eyes”, in fact at this point he will be the one seeing the stolen stars in his eyes…hehehe.
Here are a few others I gathered:
*Someone please call heaven; tell God he’s missing an angel.
*Baby you must be a broom because you swept me off my feet.
*Hey I lost my phone number, please can I have yours?
*Aren’t you tired? You’ve been running through my mind all day.
*You are like a dictionary; you add meaning to my life.
*Do you have a band aid? I hurt my knee when I fell for you.
*Life without you will be like a broken pencil…Pointless.
*If I could rearrange alphabets, I’d put “U” and “I” together.
*Did your license get suspended for driving guys crazy?
*Where have you been all my life?
*Do you have any raisins? How about a date?
*You look familiar! Oh yes I’ve seen you in my dreams.
*Hey somebody farted, let’s get out of here.
*If looks could kill, you would be a weapon of mass destruction.
*I hope you know CPR because you take my breath away
*Hey pretty, I have big feet.
*If a fat man puts you in a bag at night, don’t worry I told Santa I wanted you for Christmas.
* You are so sweet you give me tooth ache.
*What’s your name? (Agatha) Wow we have something in common, that’s my mother’s name.
I saw this somewhere and I liked, wished it was used on me *blushing*- “I was reading the book of numbers last night and it occurred to me that I didn’t have your number”; it is suitable for good Christian girl like moi *big grin*. So let’s play a little game, ladies share the pickup lines used on you and fellas let us know which ones you have used. Let me start first. This guy saw me and told me I looked like an igbo girl. When I said No I am not Igbo, next thing he says is “Marry me and I’ll make you an Igbo Woman” (Awww; so cute but I’ll pass)





1 comment:

  1. You know, you might be asked to leave soon. You’re making the other women look really bad."

    There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn't have your number in it."

    ReplyDelete