29.9.13

She stoops to conquer


Recently I began to think about a certain novel I read in secondary school. It is titled ‘she stoops to conquer’. For those who studied literature in secondary school this should sound familiar. It came back to mind probably cos I now find myself in a similar situation (not that I am complaining*smiles*).
I am in a relationship with a huge football fan; ironically I could never stand football before I met him. It was always the cause of sibling rivalry between me and my younger brother;even in my past relationships this was usually the problem as i hated being ignored because soccer was on. I realized when i met him (name withheld) that i needed to do something different as i was tired of being mad and competing for attention with football. I think i had admitted defeat and gotten a new understanding that we both had our places in a guy's life (me and football) it was time to make a change; that change is what I call ‘stooping’.
Many other stories I’ve heard just go to prove that someone has to stoop (either the male or female) to make a relationship successful. Sometimes the guy reduces the way he hangs out, or the way he plays with other female. The lady on the other hand tends to develop more patience. Whatever changes we choose to make often works out well because we 'conquer' the ultimate price which is having your loved one to yourself forever. But why then does it change in marriage? I think the moment we find that out, we will be able to solve the problem of divorce in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment