29.9.13

Office politics

It is hard to imagine that in an organization that is rich in intellect, creative talents with young able minds, office politics will be found present. Then I ask myself, “Do we really have to bring someone else down to be on top?”  I thought one’s level of education and exposure was enough to teach them otherwise but in turns out it is even worse in high earn offices.

The time and energy wasted on back biting and bitterness might as well be channeled into some sort to good elsewhere, or have we forgotten so soon the story of the broom? (United we stand, divided we fall) Maybe I am wrong but I believe that your work will speak for you and stand you out as that is the approach I have with my job.

I decided to put up this story today being the eve of our country’s independence (Nigeria) so we could understand the gravity of what politics does even at the lower levels... Happy independence in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment